Tuesday 30 October 2012

Kapiti Island Today 30th October 2012

Kapiti Island today 10am ...


What a lush day. One month to go until summer and things are picking up.
I took The Cherubs and The Hound for a walk in Otaihanga along Waikanae River bank this morning. As you get towards the river mouth you get this awesome view of The Island. It was so peaceful, just us and the Whitebaiters!!!!!
Island fact for the day - Parts of the most recent King Kong movie were filmed on the other side of the island! Peter Jackson himself went to college (high school) here in Paraparaumu.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture today, and a neat blog! I'm a new follower hopping over from the Empowered Living Hop. So nice to have found your blog.

    Holly
    http://notdonegrowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there pleased to meet you, thank you so much for stopping by xxx

      Delete
  2. ahhhh my bliss is in that photo! What a nice surprise to see Kapiti Island on a blog. Its where I grew up but for the last 10 yrs have been in shaky old Chch. Its always so nice to come home for a visit. I'm your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah great. So pleased to have someone who recognises Kapiti Island! I hope you enjoy the pics, my idea is to have a pic each day BUT life sometimes gets in the way!
      Apart from the shakiness I hope CHCH is treating you well x
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete