Thursday 15 November 2012

A - Z of Aoteoroa; B







Is for BACH, BEACH and BARE FEET ...

BACH! A 'holiday home' here in N.Z. Pronounced batch! Back in the day almost everyone had a Bach they went to for weekends and holidays. Not necessarily flash but near the beach or near the lake. Reminds me of a 'but n Ben' in Scotland. In the current 'financial climate' not everyone can afford a Bach. In fact lots of the rentals in our area were once upon a time Bach's.

BEACH! Long skinny island!?! Bound to be a beach near by wherever you are! Beach life is part and parcel of Kiwi life. City life or rural!! When we discussed our around the world move it was initially Oz we were planning on! I had one pre requisite... I wanted to live in Home and Away not Neighbours. Well here we are not in Oz but in Home and Away New Zealand. Mayhap not as hot but beach life nonetheless! With the bonus of no snakes and less scary spiders!

BARE FEET! Not sure about the rest of the world but I know my U.K readers! If you were to see someone walking down the street with bear feet you would raise your eyebrows and think hippie or some such thing. Bring that attitude to N.Z and your gonna have tired eyebrows. These Kiwis are pretty laid back. Such a welcome change! Shoes are optional pretty much where ever you are.



Just Click To Send A Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs




7 comments:

  1. Great Post! Nice to see an awesome kiwi blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your use of the word awesome. Why thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you'd stop by and follow me back!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes please I will so take a holiday home in Aotearoa!

    Lovely post. visiting ya from Hop 'til You Drop and am always so very glad to rediscover your part of paradise. We're hosting an amazing gathering and sharing of creative work this weekend and I'd so love it if you'd join us and share your island home at AN ALOHA AFFAIR.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I wreck on we should do a house swap, I've always wanted to go to Hawaii after falling in live with like and stitch HA

      Delete
  4. Welcome, pleased to meet you. I'll be sure to follow back x

    ReplyDelete