Saturday 19 January 2013

... get fitter, eat healthier, drink less, have fun with the kids... DAY 18


I have briefly (very briefly) fallen off the wagon!
Friday was my rest day, that's ok, it's allowed, the body needs time to recover and all that.
I had big plans for today (Saturday).
Unfortunately my body had other plans!
The Cherubs have tag teamed a little sicky bug this week.
Second Born Son started on Monday, Darling Daughter picked up the baton on Thursday and they kindly handed it on to me last night!
Nasty, tingly body, high temperature, sore head bug!
So there we have it I have set the tone for today's effort ...



Get Fitter

My exercise today has consisted of such strenuous activities as dragging my sorry ass out of bed, lifting my tea cup to my mouth, walking to and from the kitchen! Fantastic cardio I think you will agree!!!!

Eat Healthier
  • I needed to line my stomach first thing so I could have some ibuprofen, what better way to do this than with a peanut butter and Nutella cookie.
  • Dose of paracetamol for morning tea. (Sadly I was reduced to taking liquid kids stuff, poor excuse for a pharmacist!)
  • Sushi for lunch .
  • Breaded pork escalope and cheesy courgette/zucchini quinoa (eeeek first time I've cooked with quinoa, bit worried, not as worried as Lovely Hubby)

Drink Less (alcohol, more water)
  • Zero Alcohol (today! Em I did indulge in some red wine last night! It was a funny day, red wine was the answer at the time. That may have compounded my headache)
  • Not much water, lucky if I made it to 1 litre. Not really the way to behave if I am poorly!

Have Fun With The Kids

Not much fun was had here today! In fact Darling daughter has repeatedly told me throughout the day that I'm no fun! Sorry darling my bad!
How to be a not fun parent;
  1. Make eldest child watch Peppa pig and the likes on iPhone for the day.
  2. Confine toddler to playpen for the day.
  3. Sit about in jammies all day (all of us).


So yep a major fail of a day!

It's ok though my day on the Internet has not been in vain! I have been looking up fitness websites and healthy smoothie recipes! Research you know!

As my quote says today I will be back GIVING IT ALL I'VE GOT tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment