Wednesday 30 January 2013

... get fitter, eat healthier, drink less, have fun with the kids... DAY 29




Get Fitter
  • Lovely Hubby and I did the Trig Run this morning! 2.6km up hill run/hike up to the highest point of Paraparaumu then a run back down! So, so, so hard but so good for you and on a day like today amazing panoramic views up and down the Kapiti Coast, across to Kapiti Island AND over to the South Island!
  • The kids were at Day Care, the folks on a jaunt across to Kapiti Island and we're on holiday so we borrowed another kayak and went out for a paddle together before lunch. The tide was really high so much to my horror we ended up quite deep quite quick! Deeper than my paddle should go which is 218cm! Imagine my delight TERROR when a sand shark swam by! I know it's not going to do anything to me but that doesn't stop me screeching and paddling faster!

Calories burned - 500 on trig run. Not sure how much on kayak but a fair few by the time we lug them onto and off of the beach!

Eat Healthier
  • I know I said I was having shakes for lunch and breakfast but given what I had a head of me I thought I better have something solid for Brekkie so I had some weetbix.
  • Protein shake after run.
  • Peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch.
  • Protein shake for afternoon tea.
  • Chicken, courgette, pesto and Camembert parcels on the barbecue served with rice and asparagus.

Drink Less (Alcohol, More Water)
  • A weak white wine spritzer has been consumed! This being a hostess is stressful!
  • 2 litres of water.

Have Fun With The Kids

Feeling the joy of Mummy guilt today! We sent the kids to daycare despite not being at work! I can't actually remember the last time Lovely Hubby and I had a day to ourselves so we decided to be selfish!

We still managed a bit of fun with the Kids. We picked them up from Daycare early and went to meet Granny, Grandad and Aunty Katy from their boat trip and went for ice cream! Then Maisie helped daddy cook dinner, a (probably vain) attempt to get her to eat something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment