Thursday 31 January 2013

... get fitter, eat healthier, drink less, have fun with the kids... DAY 30




Get Fitter
  • Group Power class at the gym.
  • 12km cycle at the gym.
  • 2 hours of walking round Owlcatraz, not massively taxing but still activity and it was super hot which made it harder!

Calories burned - 550 at the gym.

Eat Healthier
  • Weetbix for breakfast
  • Picnic food for lunch; rolls, ham cheese, chutney, salad etc.
  • A few spoonfuls of the pasta I made for the kids that they didn't eat for afternoon tea!
  • Dinner out at family friends house. Lamb, chicken, salad, roast veggie, brown rice and prawns.

I may have eaten too much today! Oops, not much I can do about it today! Just have to work it all off tomorrow!

Drink Less (Alcohol, More Water)
  • Dinner out as I mentioned so I have had a couple of small glasses of wine.
  • 2 litres of water

Have Fun a with the Kids


We had a great day out at Owlcatraz. Not really sure how to describe it BUT the best way I can think to describe it is as a Bird and Animal Sancturay with a focus on owls and glow worms. To some this may sound boring but on both occasions we have been the sun has shone and we have had different guides all with great chat!

The fun for the kids today included;
  • A trip into the old Shannon jail.
  • A tour up through the farm to see
  1. Roosters
  2. Kune Kune pig
  3. Ostrich
  4. Deer
  5. Goats
  6. Ducks
  7. Alpacas
  8. Sheep
  9. Rabbits
  10. Guinea pigs
  11. Cockatoo (Joey)
  12. Glow Worms (this was just for the adults but most fun, I will do a blog about this separately, fascinating stuff)
  • A tour of the Owl house.
  • Picnic.
  • Thomas the Tank Train Ride.
  • Ice cream.

Like I say some people's worst nightmare but its a family run business and each animal has its own story and character as a result! Such a lovely warm, welcoming place. Maybe I'm getting older but I love it!

Mummy was again the photographer for the day so I will return with a post with some pictures and a blog about the Glow Worms!









No comments:

Post a Comment