Saturday 5 January 2013

... get fitter, eat healthier, drink less, have fun with the kids... DAY 4

Get Fitter/Have Fun With The Kids (these go together today)

I've been working the last 2 days and have missed spending time with The Cherubs in some glorious weather! Thankfully the lovely weather is staying for the weekend (*silently fist pumps the air*). This meant that we could be out and about all day!
  • We walked to the park, played, then walked to daddies work via the airfield. Kids had great fun and I managed to rack up 6km of walking while pushing two heavy lumps and carrying a scooter!
  • After lunch wee Archie had a snooze while Maisie and I got out all the outside toys. We played with the pool (not in it the water was freezing), put on the bubble machine and brought out her pirate water table.
  • After his nap Archie soaked himself playing with the pirate water table! He loved it :)
  • Once daddy got home from work (late) we got packed up and headed down to the beach for some kayaking and splashing in the sea. Lovely Hubby and I each had a shot in the kayak the I persuaded bribed Maisie to jump on with me and she loved it!
  • After we were finished kayaking we grabbed Archie and the four of us went running into the sea and did some wave jumping.
Awesome fun today and hopefully active enough to make up for no gym or running!

Eat Healthier
  • Banana and protein powder smoothie for breakfast.
  • Shared snack with kids of mini carrots, peppers and apple.
  • We all shared the left over pasta from last night for lunch.
  • Afternoon tea for me was my cashew/almond/craisin mix
  • Dinner of prawn, veg and noodle stir fry
So many times today I was tempted by naughty stuff but just had to keep reminding myself that although its Saturday, traditional treat day, I am only on day four so MUST stay on the wagon!

Drink Less (alcohol, more water)

No alcohol! Tempted though but see above!

Not so much water! Easy to drink lots of water at work or home because the toilet is just there but harder when your out and about and not sure where the next double buggy accessible toilet is! I wreck on I've still managed about 2 litres though!



One more day of the weekend to survive avoiding alcohol and treats then I will do my first weigh in on Monday ... AAARRRRGGGHHHH!



No comments:

Post a Comment